Transporter P2P is a decentralised file sharing application and messenger program, designed for use over local area networks, and the internet.
The program is nowhere near as heavily subscribed to as things like eMule but the advantaged is that it can support virtually unlimited file sizes. The program has also been designed with communication in mind. You can share folders and drives in a few clicks andas each contact can have their own list of shared folders. Global shares can also be created, which all contacts can access. You can view who is browsing your shared folders, and even kick users while they are browsing your files. The program is also very secure so it's ideal for organisations that need to share data securely. When you transfer files by the IM, which can be any size, a status bar indicates how much is done and how long its going to take. Since the program has no central server, it's also extremely quick and there's no danger of anyone controlling what others can and can't download.
A nice P2P solution for organisations or groups that need to exchange large files but eMule users will find nothing of interest here.
- Name Aliases: you can set an alias name for a contacts, useful if you have two contacts with the same screen name.
- Transfer Queue: Now you can specify how many outgoing transfers you want to take place simultaneously, to better manage your bandwidth.
- Automatic Transfer Retries: The program will now automatically pickup and resume a failed transfer, or an incomplete transfer when a contact comes back online.
- Offline Transfer Queue: You can send transfers to contacts which are offline, and when they come online, the transfers will start automatically.
- Offline Message Queue: You can send messages to contacts which are offline, and when they come online, they will receive the message, with a timestamp specifying when the messages were originally sent.
- Editable Autosave paths for each contact.
- Automatic Router Configuration (UPNP): For routers which support UPNP (Universal Plug and Play) you now don't have to worry about setting up your router! Transporter can automatically setup your port forwarding for you!